Autumn is officially here—time once again to break out the socks and shoes, fashionable boots, and cozy slippers. Many people love changing over to the new fall styles, but if you suffer from excessively sweaty feet, instead of looking forward to the season, you’re likely dreading it! Sweaty feet can feel uncomfortable, itchy, and clammy and cause problems like blisters, athlete’s foot, warts, and embarrassing foot odor. Don’t sweat it though (pun intended). You won’t have to go barefoot all fall and winter too! Just follow these tips to keep foot perspiration to a minimum:
- Wear moisture wicking socks and shoes made of breathable materials like mesh, canvas, and leather.
- Keep feet clean and thoroughly dry.
- Apply antiperspirant to your feet—that’s right, it’s not just for underarms anymore!
- Use anti-fungal sprays or powders on your feet and also in your shoes.
- Rotate your footwear so your shoes have time to dry out.
- Remember, it’s okay to change your socks multiple times a day.
- Try shoe liners that help absorb moisture.
- Make an appointment with Dr. Sanjay Patel to determine other treatments that might work for you.